the SMT Operator team member is responsible for the products processed by the SMT Department for SigmaTron International, Inc., Elk Grove Village plant.
1. Requires a strong working knowledge of surface mount placement machine operations (previous experience with Universal placement equipment preferred) and all related surface mount technology processes.
2. Responsible for the efficient operation of DEK screening and surface mount placement equipment.
3. Responsibility for determining acceptability of solder prints, and machine component placement accuracies.
4. Ability to communicate with technical support personnel on process controls and product standards, in order to meet daily production scheduling requirements.
Authority: Notify QA personnel for quality and production issues.
• Must be able to perform component feeder operation and set-up.
• Must be able to perform solder paste stencil printing, stencil printer operation, and print criteria.
• Able to operate reflow oven efficiently.
• Able to identify surface mount electrical components.
• Ability to load machine programs and make needed adjustments to improve solder paste print and or component placement on related equipment
• Ability to read and understand assembly (BOM) bill of materials.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to pass basic math and reading comprehension testing.
• Ability to perform basic machine troubleshooting.
• Ability to operate equipment efficiently as measured by daily production requirements.
• Work with Process Technicians and make recommended changes concerning machine processes.
• Has ability to verify and meet acceptable quality standards.
• Able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Able to work with others conflict free.
• Flexibility as related to job responsibilities.
Education: High School Diploma or technical trade school certificate of completion and a minimum of 3 years related experience in a SMT manufacturing environment. Must pass a written math and reading test.
Experience: Electronics assembly and SMT component assembly preferred.
Special Abilities: Manual Dexterity
Training Time: Minimum – 6 months; Maximum – 1 year
Environmental Demands: Standing over 50% of the time.