Expanded Commitment to Innovative and Production-Ready Designs.
SigmaTron Design Services offers customers a proven track record of design and engineering successes in complex program management and DFx services. Our design and engineering services deliver systems integration and electronic controls that align a customer’s performance specifications to other mission-critical program components for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the diverse industries the Company serves.
Located in Elgin, Illinois, our Design Services capabilities aligns closely with our manufacturing operations in the U.S., Mexico, China and Vietnam. We support customer needs that range from test system and manufacturing process development, systems integration to traditional services: electronic hardware design , software development, PCB design, enclosure design, mechanical design support, solid modeling, 3D printing, and more.
For customers who value high-quality designs, field reliability and delivery performance, we offer a shared development business model. For this, Design Services can engineer a customer-owned product at next levels, with the added benefit of SII-licensed, proprietary software. Highlights of our “One Source®” (total) solutions Design Services include:
- Existing Design Validation
- DFx audits, with simplifications aimed at cost reduction
- Updates and feature-additions (to existing designs)
- Intervention and completion of partial designs
- (Design) quality assurance
- 3D Printing in support of New Product Introduction (NPI) and prototyping
- Software engineering
- Hardware engineering
- Mechanical engineering
Our Design Services offers a number of advantages that are atypical of stand-alone product development firms:
- Reduced completion times for NPI.
- Lowest total program cost through design, competitive supply chain and
- Proven expertise in Design for Manufacturability and Test (DFx) enhancements. We offer design interface with electrical loads, sensors, motors, actuators, and valves that are necessary to integrate machine performance as a system.
- Decades-long legacy expertise in appliance controls design and manufacturing.
- Global Options®– Access to SII’s seven manufacturing facilities in four countries with a global supply chain based in USA and Taiwan.
Note to consumers of electronics: SigmaTron does not provide direct replacement parts to individual consumers. For more information regarding replacement (or to service) a product application that contains our controls, contact the product manufacturer or retail outlet where the product was purchased.
Also, specific to systems integration and product development, we offer decades-long expertise that includes,
- Controls: Analog, embedded, software-driven
- Industrial design and packaging
- Power supplies, load control
- Customized user-interface models
- Variable-speed drives (e.g., for small frame motors)