Under the direction of the Test Manager, the individual described as a Tester is responsible for electrical testing of printed circuit boards and the set up of test equipment for SigmaTron International, Inc. The position also requires the ability to read, comprehend and follow procedures that are written in English. The individual must be detailed oriented, put quality first, and have knowledge of polarized and non-polarized semiconductors.
1. The tester visually inspects product for anomalies, such as damaged components and reversed components.
2. The Tester operates In-circuit and functional test equipment in order to verify the functionality of product, identify electrical and physical product defects.
3. The Tester must be able to set up equipment for testing i.e. properly place fixtures on machines, call up the correct test programs. Properly initialize functional test equipment.
4. The Tester assists in the receiving of product from the production area.
5. The Tester writes move tickets and assists with product transport from the test area to the final audit dept.
6. The Tester is responsible for all products that they electrically test.
7. The Tester must accurately fill out detailed paperwork.
8. The Tester is responsible for following all documented test and ISO procedures.
1. The Tester must reject product that does not pass documented test procedures.
2 The Tester must communicate equipment failures to the management team.
3 The Tester must communicate calibration issues to the management team.
4 The Tester must bring common failure modes to the attention of the management team.
1. The tester must demonstrate the ability to recognize damaged components.
2. The tester must demonstrate the ability to recognize reversed components.
3. The tester must have knowledge of basic components, such as capacitors and resistors
4. The Tester must demonstrate the ability to properly identify electrical and mechanical defects
5. The Tester must demonstrate the ability to consistently follow documented procedures.
6. The Tester must possess sufficient manual dexterity and demonstrate the ability to perform repetitive action involving product handling, cable insertion and fixture set up. This action must be performed with the ability to handle equipment in a manner that damage does not occur to either product or equipment.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred. Communication skills utilizing the English language is required.
Experience: Hands on experience involving electrical testing desired.
Special Abilities: The tester must demonstrate the ability to properly identify electrical and mechanical defects. Tester must demonstrate the ability to consistently follow documented procedures, communicate well, and accurately log data.
Training Time: Minimum – 30 days; Maximum – 90 days.
Environmental Demands: This position requires long periods of standing and/or sitting, depending on the test type and lift up to 35 pounds